Creating Successful Leaders
Edgework Institute is the respected resource for healthcare leaders who want to grow internal talent for leadership / management positions.
By igniting the excitement of becoming a competent leader, Edgework guides your candidates through a series of tests and challenges. Successful candidates move forward to promotion, ensuring successful leadership succession for your institution.
Why Engage Edgework?
- Begin Succession Planning
- Avoid Recruitment Timing and Costs for new leaders
- Provide growth opportunities for your middle managers
1. Situation Assessment
- Option 1: Rapid Scan Diagnostics
- Option 2: Target areas or candidates already identified
- Establish Program Goals: Financial, Competencies, and Operational
- Setup key metrics for monitoring
- Recognize 3-4 Candidates for development
2. Develop, Challenge and Test Core Competencies
- Define a Real-Time Project for candidates to pursue within a 2-3 month timeframe including; proposal with ROI and impact, using innovative approaches, project management, leading an implementation team, trouble shooting, and reporting results.
- Comprehensive Competency testing – performance, intuition, analytics, desire and general skill sets; assessment of developmental needs
- Financial and Operational Skills – Building a business, budgeting, understanding direct/indirect costs factors, general accounting and spreadsheet skills
- Human Resources Competencies – staff management, assessments, handling employee issues and resistance
- Communications – professionalism, tone and manner, listening skills, integration of staff culture and their viewpoints; managing information and use of technology